Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sureal Life Economy

For my topic, I chose economics and found an article titled "Real Life Economy" out of the New York Times. The article more or less describes the economic struggles of the country and how the author would change them. He goes over each candidates plan (glorifying Obama's, while over simplifying and chastising McCain's). He talks about how unemployment has gone up, although gdp is rising, some families are still hurt. He talks allot about how strongly he feels that salaries should be raised for the middle class, and taxes should be increased on the rich. He adds that he would like to increase the value of food stamps, and government handouts (obviosly I am against his plan). He supports Obama's plan, saying that he truly "cares" for the lower class (as if McCain does not) and is for middle class.

I chose this article because it infuriates me. I just know he is affecting hundreds, maybe thousands of votes through this article and it is so ignorant. I honestly am holding myself back from driving to New York and hitting this guy with a high school economics book. It takes one economics class to realise so many of the mistakes this guy is making. I will discuss all of his errors fully in my, hopefully not to long, letter to the editor. It really will be hard to keep it under five hundred words. I am really furios. I have never fallen in the upper class or even upper middle class, and I am openly against Obama's "Middle class economics". Hopefully those that read my letter to the editor will see his faults.

p.s. Sorry if I have offended anybody, Obama is a great guy, and has many great qualities but here (on his most important issue) he is most wrong.

4 comments:

whopkins said...

I can really tell how much you care about this issue and I agree with you. I would be very interested to see what you have to say about the this article and just about both candidates plans for the economy, and I certaintly agree that this is a very important issue.

Allie Weaver said...

I really love how into this topic you are and you really got me excited about this topic as well. I think you will have some really interesting things to say in your letter to the editor and good luck with keeping it under 500 words. haha

AlleOsborne said...

You are really frustrated arent you Criag? Yea some of the stuff he is saying is awful. I look forward to reading your editorial. Set us straight.

April Patrick said...

Hi Craig. In response to your comment about an Author's Note, there are instructions on eCollege for preparing one. Check the link titled "Author's Note" under Course Home on the left side of the eCollege page.