Monday, October 20, 2008

Finding some of dem sources

At first I was begining to get a bit discouraged when I found nothing on Lexis Nexis Congressional Publications, and Lexis Nexis Government Periodicals Index. I did find some stuff in Lexis Nexis Academic once I broadened my topic from Exxon/Mobil to oil. I found a bunch of good fact here but some were way over my head, and left me really lost. And I mean I had not the slightest idea what they were talking about.
I am still confused on what makes a primary resource primary.
I found ,Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents, was the most helpful. It gave sources I knew were primary. It also was easy to find lots of information and facts once I used the control f trick.
I would like to use the adds but I think that it might be to hard. I think that unless I was talking about how oil is looked at in adds (which I am not) they would be to bias.

2 comments:

AlleOsborne said...

I had the same problem with first two databases. They just gave me useless articles and case hearing that weren't helpful at all. The last two proved to be a lot better though. Even google had a ton of useful information. I don't know though if google could be a primary source though too? I am kind of mixed up on those as well.

Noelle said...

I know it can be hard sometimes in trying to find the articles for a specific topic if it's too narrow. At least you broadened it, but if you have trouble again you might possibly be able to change up the wording a bit. I hope your writing goes well! Good luck!